You may change your browser settings at any time. If you deactivate cookies, this may affect your user experience on the website.
Visitors to the website, who are using cookies, shall receive information about:
- what the cookies are used for
- for which purposes the cookies are used
- who are using the information
- how to avoid cookies
What are cookies and what are they used for?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to and stored on your device (mobile phone, PC or tablet). This is common on the web, enabling the website you are visiting to remember your actions and preferences over time, and to record how often you visit the website. Some cookies are necessary to enable you to utilize the full functionality of the website, whereas others are used to improve your user experience and to simplify navigation on the website.
There are two types of cookies: permanent and temporary (so-called session cookies). Temporary cookies are deleted when you close your browser, and are used, among other things, to register that a user is visiting the website and the choices made by the user. Permanent cookies are stored as a file on your device for longer periods in order to adjust the website to your desires, choices and interests. For example, they may be used by features telling you what’s new since your last visit to the website, and to keep track of your choice of language.
Some examples of what cookies may be used for:
- Remember log-in information. A cookie is placed on your device when you log in to a website. Each time you enter a new page, your device will send a cookie to the website you are visiting, and by using the cookie, the website may decide whether you are logged in, so you don’t have to enter your user name and password each time you switch pages.
- Tailor the website to your usage. This may be related to the design of a website you are frequently visiting, adjusted contrasts and font sizes, or tailored sorting and selection.
- On websites that sell services, cookies are used to simplify ordering.
- To record which persons are visiting which pages of the website. This information may then be used to select appropriate advertising or tailor the pages that the user can see. Many of the cookies that are used for advertising and to tailor content, are third party cookies.
- To monitor traffic through statistics, in order to improve the website and learn more about different audiences. Many statistical cookies are also third party cookies.
- In order to track choice of language, order codes and membership level.
Different types of cookies
Cookies may be divided into categories by function.
- Necessary: These are necessary in order for certain features to work properly, e.g. to recognize and approve the user in connection with the login to the website.
- Presentation and function: These cookies simplify your use of the website and makes it more personal, inter alia, by tailoring information and offers to things in which you have previously shown interest. Such cookies are also used to collect information about the visitors to the website, to enable us to improve the site and the digital services. If you don’t approve these cookies, our digital services will have limited functionality.
- Promotion: These are often third party cookies, meaning that they are not used by us, but by one of our partners. Such cookies are using information about your use of the website and the website of partners, such as websites you visit or ads you reply to, to be able to show you ads that are more appropriate for you, both on our website and on the websites of our partners. These ads are referred to as “web advertising”, since their purpose is to ensure that you will only see ads appropriate to your interests. If you don’t approve these cookies, your user experience may be reduced.
Do you wish to avoid cookies?
By using cookies, we are able to recognize your device the next time you visit our website, and you avoid having to provide user information each time you avail yourself of our digital services. It also makes it easier for us to adjust our services to your needs, for example by helping you avoid selecting language each time you log in. Simply put, the website becomes easier to use.
We may also use other companies that, on our behalf, place cookies in order to deliver their services.
Changes to our cookies
The cookies we use, and changes we make, are shown only by updating the above summary. Thus, we recommend that you check this summary each time you visit the website.
Cookies used on the website
Our digital services collect and store information with the aid of technology from different measurement tools. We are also using third party cookies, mainly in order to measure traffic and to improve the website.
- Google Analytics
If you want more detailed information about cookies used by us, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.